Prices are inclusive of GST, and on the road without insurance.
The seven-seater MPV (multi-purpose vehicle) comes with a 5-year unlimited mileage warranty, and three-year or 60,000km maintenance service (whichever comes first).
New features on the Serena 2.0L S-Hybrid include a V-Motion strut grille, dual-layer LED projector headlamps and LED signature lamps, a floating roof design, and LED tail lamps.
Edaran Tan Chong Motor Sdn Bhd sales and marketing director Christopher Tan said the new MPV had received 1,300 bookings.
"In 2013, ETCM was the first to introduce a hybrid MPV to Malaysia. Today, Malaysia is the first country outside Japan to locally assemble the Serena 2.0L S-Hybrid," he said.
Also present was Nissan Motor Asia Pacific Co Ltd vice president (marketing and sales - Asia and Oceania) Vincent Wijnen who said the Serena is a segment leader in Japan, with more than 33,000 units to date in 2018.
The Serena 2.0L S-Hybrid has an upgraded ECO motor that controls the Idling Stop system, and provides additional torque assist in start-up acceleration.
It has a 2.0L (MR20DD) Twin CVTC (Continuously Variable-valve Timing Control) engine, paired with XTRONIC CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC); maximum power output is now at 150ps at 6,000rpm with torque of 200Nm at 4,400rpm.
Also, its best-in-class fuel economy of 14.2 km per litre (NEDC R101) is a 13% fuel economy improvement over its predecessor, earning the new Serena S-Hybrid the Energy Efficient Vehicle (EEV) status.
• First in its class Intelligent Around View Monitor (l-AVM), uses 4 cameras that provide a 360-degree bird's-eye view of the vehicle for easier navigation;
• Intelligent Moving Object Detection (l-MOD), detects and alerts the driver of moving objects surrounding the vehicle;
• Intelligent Driver Alertness (l-DA), helps alert potential driver fatigue (drowsy driving) and inattention;
• Smartphone connectivity with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto so that the driver is able to stay focus on the road and still being able to get turn-by-turn navigation directions, receive and make calls, listen and reply to messages, and play music using voice commands.
Other conveniences include the Hands-Free Dual Power Sliding Door which can also operate by a simple quick kick below the door to open or close when your hands are full, a Dual Back Door design that can be opened easily even in tight parking spaces, Capless Fuel Filler which makes refuelling more convenient, and 7 USB-Powered Ports.
The Soft Padded Instrumental Panel featuring Nissan's gliding-wing design delivers a sense of panoramic openness, while the full colour 7-inch Advance Drive Assist Display (ADAD) provides vehicle and driving information.
A Flat Bottom Leather Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, asymmetrical centre cluster housing the premium 6.75-inch Clarion Advanced Touchscreen Display Audio, Push Start Ignition with the Intelligent Key for keyless operation and a Dual-Zone Auto Climate Control System with rear digital control panel as well as air conditioning ducts for all 3 rows, complete a technologically advance interior.
The interior space of the new Serena S-Hybrid is the largest and most flexible in its class.
The 7-seater MPV has an extended interior length by 180mm, additional 20mm and 65mm for its height and width respectively, offering more space between all rows of seats.
The first and second row seats also have first-in-class Zero Gravity Inspired Seats, that provide spinal support to reduce passenger fatigue during long drives.
Also, the second row have Captain Seats with dual armrests, while a new seating layout enables a comfortable walkthrough access from the first to the third row.
This spacious 7-seater MPV also offers 13 different seating configurations.
Meanwhile, traditionally, 3rd row passenger find it most inconvenient to exit the vehicle.
The new Serena S-Hybrid solves this by re-designing the C-pillar rearward by 50mm, to make a wider sliding door opening and with the addition of a Power Sliding Door Switch (left sliding door only) in the 3rd row, as well as a new step-release that enables 2nd row seats to slide forward with ease; thus, passengers can exit the 3rd row comfortably and conveniently.
Nissan Serena 2.0L S-Hybrid (Highway Star):
• S-Hybrid 2.0L (MR20DD) engine with twin CVTC (Continuously Variable-valve Timing Control)
• Max power 150ps at 6,000rpm
• Max torque 200Nm at 4,400rpm
• XTRONIC CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC)
• Fuel consumption: 14.2 km per litre (NEDC R101)
• Automatic LED projector headlamps with Auto Levelling and LED signature lamps
• Front fog lights with Daytime Running Lights (DRLs)
• Hands-free dual power sliding doors
• Dual back door design for better cargo access
• Rood spoiler
• Intelligent key with push-start ignition
• 6.75-inch Clarion Advanced Touchscreen Display Audio
• Apple Carplay, Android Auto
• Dual zone climate control, with digital switches for 2nd and 3rd row vents
• Fabric seats
• Zero Gravity inspired seats (1st and 2nd row)
• 2nd row Captain Seats with armrest and long slide function
• 7 USB power ports
• Intelligent Around View Monitor (l-AVM)
• Intelligent Moving Object Detection (l-MOD)
• Intelligent Driver Alertness (l-DA)
• 6 SRS airbags
• Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)
• Traction Control System (TCS)
• ISOFIX points on 2nd row seats
• Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
• Brake Assist (BA)
• Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
• Hill Start Assist (HSA)
• 15-inch alloy wheels (195/65 tyres)
Paying the extra RM12,000 for the Premium variant gets you:
• Combination leather seats (two-tone Truffle Brown/Chestnut or single-tone Black)
• 10.1 -inch roof-mounted LCD panel
• Tech-on tray mat
• Driving video recorder (DVR)
• LED room lamp
• 16-inch alloy wheels (205/55 tyres)
• Door visors
• V-KOOL 4Mil security film tinting
The Premium Highway Star is also offered in two-tone exterior colours:
• Imperial Umber (Roof); Cashmere Gold (Body)
• Diamond Black (Roof); Tungsten Silver (Body)
• Diamond Black (Roof); Brilliant White (Body)