Imported from Japan, it is priced at RM121,134 on-the-road, inclusive of GST (0%) without insurance.
It is sold with a 3-year or 60,000km (whichever is first) free maintenance package, and a 5-year or 100,000km (whichever is first) manufacturer warranty.
An optional item is the Skytint safety tint film which costs RM1,792.45.
Exterior updates on the 2018 Mazda CX-3 include a new front grille design with double chrome slats, rear tail lights redesigned with a sharper styling, and a new rim design.
As for interior enhancements, the new CX-3 receives an updated dashboard, new red accent on the air conditioner louvers, and most remarkably – the adoption of electronic parking brake which allows for a new centre console, armrest and significantly greater storage space.
Other updates include redesigned front seats for greater comfort and support, and a new rear seat centre armrest with built-in cup holders.
Also, the CX-3 has improved NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) as improvements for sound insulation have been made with thicker door panels, outer glass and headliner door seals; resulting in a more refined and quieter cabin.
Meanwhile, the suspension was retuned for a smoother ride, and the power steering and chassis recalibrated for a more enjoyable driving experience.
It is powered by a SkyActiv-G 2.0-litre petrol engine, paired with a SkyActiv-Drive six-speed automatic transmission with manual-shift and sport modes, along with Mazda’s G-Vectoring Control (GVC) technology which improves handling, stability and comfort.
Fuel efficiency is rated at 6.3 litres per 100km on the combined cycle.
The safety kit includes Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) and Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA).
BSM helps detect and alert drivers to the presence of vehicles in the blind spot area on either side by displaying an icon in the respective door wing mirrors.
If the driver indicates to change lanes with a vehicle in the blind spot, the icon flashes and a warning beep is sounded.
As for RCTA , it alerts the driver when it detects vehicles approaching from either side during reversing operations.
The updated 2018 Mazda CX-3 is available in six colour choices: Soul Red Crystal, Ceramic Metallic, Machine Grey, Deep Crystal Blue, Jet Black Mica and Snowflake White Pearl.
2018 updated Mazda CX-3
- 2.0-litre DOHC 4-cylinder petrol engine, direct injection, with VVT
- 6-Speed Automatic gearbox with Manual Shift Mode
- 154hp at 6,000rpm
- 206Nm at 2,800rpm
- all-round disc brakes
- Electronic Power Assisted Steering (EPAS)
- 215/50 R18 tyres
- LED headlights with auto On/Off function and auto levelling
- LED Daytime Running Lights and fog lights
- LED taillights
- Rain Sensing wipers
- Keyless Entry
- Engine Start/Stop Button
- Electronic Parking Brake
- Active Driving Display (Head-Up Display)
- Gear Paddle Shifters
- Leather seats
- Powered front seats
- MZD Connect Infotainment System With Voice Command
- 7-inch Full Colour Touch Screen
- CD & MP3 Player, Bluetooth
- 6 audio speakers
- 4 USB ports
- Reverse Camera
- Mazda i-Stop Idling Technology
- Mazda G-Vectoring Control Technology
- 6 airbags
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS)
- Hill Launch Assist (HLA)
- Auto Hold Function
- Walk Away Lock
- ISOFIX Child Restraint Anchor Points And Top Tethers
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)