The new car is sold with 5-year manufacturer's warranty, 3-years free maintenance, and 5 years of roadside assistance.
The Golf has been updated with redesigned bumpers, new conceptualised headlights and LED tail lights.
The Golf 1.4 TSI is available in both Sportline and R-Line trims. The R-Line wasn't available at the Golf launch but is to be introduced on April 26 at the Malaysia Autoshow 2018.
Under the hood of both variants is a 1.4TSI turbocharged engine that is paired with a 7-speed dry clutch direct shift gearbox (DSG), producing 150PS and torque of 250Nm between 1,500 to 3,500rpm.
The Golf has 60:40 folding rear seats and a 380-litre rear cargo space, which can be expanded to 1,270 litres with the rear seats folded.
It has Manoeuvre Braking, which helps to automatically brake the car when it senses objects up to 10km/h to minimise all those dings and minor scuffs during parking.
There's also Automatic Post Collision Brake System, which triggers automatic (emergency) braking down to a (remaining) vehicle speed of 10 km/h, once an initial collision has been detected.
The driver can interrupt the Automatic Post Collision Brake System at any time (by accelerating or braking even more).
Launched in 1974, the Golf is the Volkswagen brand's most successful model.
To date, more than 34 million units of the Golf in its different body variants have been produced and sold around the world.
A new Golf was built, purchased and delivered every 40 seconds, on average, over the past four decades.
Volkswagen Passenger Cars Malaysia (VPCM) is also offering Malaysians the chance to win an all-expense paid trip to the Wörthersee GTI Festival in Austria.
The contest is will end on 27th of March, 2018.
Details can be found at the Volkswagen Malaysia website.
Golf Sportline (RM155,990)
• 1.4-litre TSI 150PS turbocharged direct injection petrol 4-cylinder engine
• DSG 7-speed direct shift gearbox
• Automatic headlights with 'Coming Home' and 'Leaving Home' function
• Full LED tailights
• LED daytime running lights
• 8-inch touchscreen ‘Composition Media’ infotainment system
• USB and iPod/iPhone interface
• SD card slot, AUX-IN, Bluetooth, 8 speakers
• App-Connect smartphone connectivity (MirrorLink, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto)
• 7 Airbags
• Rest Assist (Driver Alert System)
• Proactive Occupant Protection System (front seatbelts)
• 'Climatronic' air conditioning system with 2-zone temperature control
• Front fog lights with static cornering light
• Powered, foldable and heated wing mirrors with environment lighting and kerb view
• 'Zoom' fabric seat upholstery
• 'Premium' colour multi-function on board computer display (MFD)
• Electronic parking brake with auto-hold function
• Extended electronic differential lock (XDS)
• 'Hita' alloy wheels 6.5J X 16-inch
• tyres 205/55 R16
• Park Distance Control with optical display (4 Front & 4 Rear) and Manouvre Braking
Golf R-Line (RM169,990)
• LED headlights with Static and Dynamic Cornering Lights
• R-Line 'Vienna' leather seat upholstery
• 12.3-inch high definition Active Info Display
• 'KESSY' keyless access and starting system
• 'Singapore' alloy wheels 7J X 17-inch
• tyres 225/45 R17
• Driving Mode Selection with Eco Function
• Driver Settings Personalisation
• Full LED tailights with dynamic indicators
• Rear view camera system
MORE Photos: 2018 updated Volkswagen Golf Sportline (RM155,990)