KUALA LUMPUR: The Mazda CX-8 comes in four variants (three 2.5-litre petrol and one 2.2-litre diesel) in Malaysia and prices will be announced later by local Mazda distributor Bermaz Motor.
The CX-8, which sits between the Mazda CX-5 and CX-9 in terms of size, offers 3-row seating.
The CX-8 has a six-speed automatic gearbox and there are two powertrains, either a 2.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol unit in two-wheel drive or 2.2-litre diesel unit in all-wheel drive.
All variants have G-Vectoring Control (GVC) which enhances driving stability.
The base Mid petrol variant has a 7-seater configuration across 3 benches (2-3-2).
Next, the Mid Plus petrol variant has a 6-seater configuration with Captain Seats at the second row (2-2-2), and a walk-through design that allows occupants to move between the second and third row seats.
The petrol and diesel High variants also have a 6-seater configuration, but these have a centre console at the second row.
Mazda says the CX-8 was designed to offer roomy comfort even for large adults in the second row, and still accommodate occupants up to 170cm tall in the third row.
Rear doors on the CX-8 open up to 80 degrees for added convenience when loading or unloading large items.
Standard equipment includes Triple-Zone Climate Control with adjustable rear air-conditioning vents, and Power Adjustable Seats on the Driver Side.
The CX-8 will be locally-assembled at the Inokom Assembly plant in Kulim, Kedah.
There are six colours choices; Soul Red Crystal, Machine Gray, Snowflake White Pearl, Deep Crystal Blue, Sonic Silver and Jet Black.
All new Mazda vehicles registered from January 1, 2019 onwards will come with 5-Years Manufacturer Warranty + 5-Years Free Maintenance (except Mazda BT-50) according to manufacturer’s standards inclusive of labour, parts and lubricants.
Both manufacturer warranty and free maintenance have a coverage period of five years and a mileage limit of 100,000km, whichever comes first.
Sabah and Sarawak prices
Mazda CX-8 petrol (Mid grade)
- 7 seats
- 2.5-litre DOHC 16-Valve 4 Cylinder With Direct Injection, VVT
- 192hp at 6,000rpm
- 258Nm at 4,000rpm
- 6-Speed Automatic
- 7.9 litres per 100km
- all-round disc brakes
- 225/55/R19 tyres
- LED headlights with automatic on-off and levelling
- Bulb-type Daytime Running Lights
- LED fog lights and tail lights
- Rain Sensing wipers
- Keyless Entry
- Power Tailgate
- Engine Start / Stop Button
- Electronic Parking Brake
- Three Zone Climate Control
- Rear Air Conditioning Vents
- 10-Way powered driver' seat with 2-position memory
- 60/40 Split Fold with 3 Headrest (2nd Row seats)
- Fabric seats
- MZD Connect Infotainment System With Voice Command
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 7 - Inch Colour Touch Screen
- 6 Audio Speakers
- Reverse Camera
- Mazda i-Stop Idling Technology
- Mazda G-Vectoring Control Technology (GVC)
- 6 Airbags
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Hill Launch Assist (HLA)
- Auto Hold Function
Mazda CX-8 petrol (Mid Plus grade): Extra or different features
- 6 seats
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Separated Seats with Manual Sliding & Walkthrough (2nd Row seats)
- Adaptive Front-Lighting System (AFS)
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Smart City Brake Support (SCBS) - Front with Pedestrian Detection
Mazda CX-8 petrol (High grade): Extra or different features
- 6 seats
- Signature trim LED headights
- Head-Up Display
- Rear Door Sunshade
- Two powered front seats
- Separated Seats with Manual Sliding & Center Console (2nd Row seats)
- Nappa Leather (Deep Red) seats
- 360-degree View Monitor
- Adaptive LED Headlights (ALH)
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)
- Lane-Keep Assist System (LAS)
- Driver Attention Alert (DAA)
- Smart City Brake Support (SCBS) - Rear
Mazda CX-8 diesel AWD (High grade): Extra or different features
- 6 seats
- 2.2-litre DOHC 16-Valve 4 Cylinder With Direct Injection
- 188hp at 4,500rpm
- 450Nm at 2,000rpm
- 6.0 litres per 100km
- All-wheel drive