The 2020 Mazda2 is imported (CBU) from Thailand and has a Skyactiv-G 1.5-litre engine, producing 114hp at 6,000rpm and 149Nm of torque at 4,000rpm and paired with a Skyactiv-Drive 6-speed automatic transmission with Manual Shift mode.
The 2020 Mazda2 features enhancements in terms of styling and driving dynamics as well as comfort and convenience.
The Mazda2 has a updated front grille design that is akin to newer 7th generation products such as the Mazda3 and Mazda CX-30.
The Mazda2 also has front LED headlights with new signature styling coupled with new 16-inch alloy wheels with enhanced texture and high-brightness paint.
The Mazda2 receives an updated Mazda badging and fonts.
The interior features a a new blue gray interior trim, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard.
It is accessible via its Mazda Connect Infotainment display. There are integrated apps such as Waze, Google Maps, and Spotify.
As for driving dynamics, the 2020 Mazda2 has G-Vectoring Control Plus (GVC Plus).
In addition to improving handling in emergency collision avoidance manoeuvres, GVC Plus offers a reassuring feeling of control when changing lanes on the highway and when driving on slippery road surfaces.
Driving comfort has also been enhanced with a tuned suspension system for smoother vehicle movement and comfortable ride.
New structured front seats improve the driver’s sense of balance.
The transmission has been tuned for smoother acceleration.
Standard features are:
- SKYACTIV-G 1.5L DOHC 16-Valve 4 Cylinder With VVT engine
- all-round disc brakes
- MacPherson Struts front, torsion beam rear
- Electronic Power Assisted Steering (EPAS)
- 185/60R16 tyres
- LED headlights with auto levelling and Signature Illumination
- Mazda Advance Keyless Entry
- rear Parking Sensors
- Engine Start / Stop Button
- Active Driving Display (Heads-Up Display)
- MZD Connect Infotainment System With Voice Command
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto Function
- 7-inch Infotainment Display
- Bluetooth Hands-Free
- CD & MP3 Player
- 6 audio speakers
- GPS Navigation System
- 2 USB ports
- Reverse Camera With Distance And Width Guide Lines
- Mazda i-Stop Idling Technology
- Mazda G-Vectoring Control Plus Technology
- 2 Airbags
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS)
- Hill Launch Assist (HLA)
- Walk Away Lock
- ISOFIX Child Restraint Anchor Points and Top Tethers
- Engine-Immobilizer Anti-Theft System
- Seat Belts With Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR)