The 10th-generation Honda Accord comes with two powertrain options:
- a 1.5-litre Di VTEC turbocharged engine producing 190ps and maximum torque of 243Nm featuring direct injection, and a CVT (continuously variable transmission). This 1.5-litre turbocharged engine offers better performance than the 2.4-litre engine in the previous generation and impressive fuel efficiency of 16.4km per litre which is better than the previous 2.0-litre engine.
- Sport Hybrid Intelligent Multi Mode Drive (i-MMD) system which has a 2.0-litre Atkinson Cycle, DOHC i-VTEC engine, 4-cylinders 16-valves with two electric motors, E-CVT and Lithium-Ion battery that produces 215ps. Fuel efficiency is claimed to be 24.4km per litre.
Meanwhile, the Honda Sensing safety technology with a millimeter-wave radar and monocular camera work together to sense obstacles in front of the vehicle while warning and assisting drivers in critical driving situations to help minimise collision severity.
Honda Sensing comprises:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow (ACC with LSF)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Road Departure Mitigation System with Lane Departure Warning (RDM with LDW)
- Auto High-Beam (AHB)
Other advanced safety features include Cross Traffic Monitor (CTM) that alerts driver with sound and arrows on display when another vehicle comes on the left rear or right side of the rear; Multi-View Camera System (MVCS) which shows image from all directions including bird’s eye view using the four cameras (front, left, right and rear), and Honda Smart Parking Assist System which automatically controls the steering wheel and the driver only moves forward or backward as advised and shown on the display, making reverse and parallel parking easily.
There's a new chrome front grille, LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL) and LED taillights, 17-inch alloy wheels on the turbocharged engine model and 18-inch wheels on the Hybrid model.
The cabin is more spacious, offers more leg room, and has premium functions such as the Head-Up Display (HUD), the 7-inch TFT driver’s meter, the 8-inch Advanced Touch instrument panel that supports Apple CarPlay, SIRI voice command support, wireless charger, and Engine Remote Start.
In Thailand, the new Accord will have three variants:
- Hybrid Tech: price not over 1,800,000 baht (RM230,683)
- Hybrid: price not over 1,650,000 baht (RM211,459)
- Turbo EL: price not over 1,500,000 baht (RM192,235)
Official prices of the new Honda Accord in Thailand will be announced in May 2019.