The line-up will get clear exterior design accents, giving it a purist appearance that emphasises MINI's hallmark design features.
In addition, the innovative world's first Multitone Roof, where three colour shades are applied one after the other in a wet-on-wet painting process, creates unique individualisation opportunities.
In the interior, the extensively redesigned cockpit underlines the premium character of the 3-door, the 5-door and the Convertible.
Additions to the range of standard and optional equipment are new exterior paint finishes, light-alloy wheels, interior and seating surfaces as well as innovative technology in the areas of chassis, driver assistance systems, operation and connectivity round off the latest update for the British brand's small car models.
Among the updates are:
• Purist look thanks to new front design.
• LED headlights now as standard equipment.
• Characteristic side scuttles in a new design.
• Redesigned rear apron, LED rear lights in Union Jack design now standard.
• World innovation: The Multitone Roof.
• New body colours and light alloy wheels.
• Newly-designed interior surfaces and air outlets.
• Redesigned steering wheels, optionally heated for the first time.
• Multifunctional instrument display with 5-inch colour display.
• Central instrument cluster with new Piano Black high-gloss surround, 8.8-inch display and modern graphics display as standard.
• Sports seats in new Light Chequered colour.
• New Ambient Light option with extended features.
• Adaptive chassis now features frequency-selective damping.
• Electric parking brake available for the first time.
• Active Cruise Control now with Stop & Go function.
• Greater safety thanks to new lane departure warning and bad weather light.
• Piano Black exterior with extended features.
• New equipment packages allow for targeted individualisation.
Head of the MINI brand Bernd Körber said the current model revision would enable MINI to reached a level of maturity that makes it more exceptional in the small car segment with regard to design, product substance and premium quality, than ever before.
"The MINI is the original that stands out from the crowd and it continues to reinvent itself again and again," he said.