Playing a role to fill in the hours is Audi, which has compiled a list of movies that features its vehicles.
The first time an Audi actually appeared on the big screen was in the 1982 movie "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial" and since then, nearly every vehicle with bearing the four circles have been featured from romantic-comedies to action and thriller films to epic chase scenes.
So without further ado, here are the 15 movies to help keep you and your loved ones occupied and entertained:
- 1982, Audi 5000 in, "E.T., the Extra-Terrestrial"
- 1998, S8 appears in one of the greatest chase scenes ever filmed, "Ronin"
- 1999, A4 sedan appears in the drama film, "The Insider"
- 2003, TTRoadster in "Legally Blonde 2: Red White & Blonde". Fun fact: Audi developed the Candy Blue exterior paint colour exclusively for the movie that was then available for customers to order in the US.
- 2006, Lois Lane drives an A3Sportback in "Superman Returns"
- 2007, Jason Bourne drives an A5 in "The Bourne Ultimatum"
- 2008, R8, S5 and Q7 all make an appearance in the first "Iron Man" film, launching many epic adventures with the Marvel franchise.
- 2008, A3Sportback and the S8 star in "Taken"
- 2010, A5Sportback in "The American"
- 2013, R8Spyder and the A8 appear in the superhero film, "The Wolverine"
- 2014, A5Cabriolet and S6 in "Transformers: Age of Extinction"
- 2015, R8 Spyder, A3 Sedan, S8, S7 and the Audi Q7 star in "Fifty Shades of Gray". Fun fact: the author had already written all of these Audi models into the book series, which then translated directly to the silver screen.
- 2017, A8 was seen for the first time on-screen with the debut of "Spider-Man: Homecoming"
- 2019, Audi e-tronSportbackconcept and Audi e-tron GT concept appear in "Avengers: Endgame"
- 2019, Audi e-tron SUV appears in addition to the A7 and the AudiQ8 in "Spider-Man: Far From Home"
Enjoy and stay safe, but more importantly stay indoors everyone!