One was a 2.5-litre petrol powered SkyActiv-G engined unit (two-wheel drive) and another was a 2.2-litre turbodiesel SkyActiv-D engined (all-wheel drive) unit fueled by Euro 5 grade diesel.
A specifications list was also displayed, and the CX-8 can come in four variants (main differences are petrol or diesel powertrains, fabric or leather upholstery, and six and seven-seat layouts).
The diesel-powered unit on display was a six-seater, with its second row fitted with two captain seats and a centre console armrest.
The CX-8 units displayed were imported from Japan, and their equipment list will differ from the CX-8 that will be assembled in Kulim, Kedah later this year.
The locally assembled CX-8, which is expected to be launched in the second half of 2019, is likely to be priced in the RM200,000 region.
To recap, the CX-8 with a 2.5-litre petrol engine with direct injection makes 192hp at 6,000 rpm and 257Nm of torque at 3,250rpm.
The 2.2-litre turbodiesel CX-8 shares the same powerful powertrain with the Mazda6 diesel sedan, and makes a 188hp at 4,500rpm and 450Nm of torque at 2,000rpm.
Standard equipment on the CX-8, based on the preliminary specifications list, include EPAS (electronic power assisted steering), 19 inch wheels, automatic LED headlights with self-levelling, LED front fog lights, LED rear combination tail lights, rain sensing wipers, engine start-stop button, electronic parking brake, three zone climate control, a 10-way powered driver's seat with 2-position memory function, MZD Connect Infotainment with Voice Command, Bose audio system, Mazda i-Stop idling, and Mazda G-Vectoring Control.
Standard safety features are six airbags, DSC (Dynamic Stability Control), Emergency Brake Assist, Traction Control and Hill Launch Assist.
Mazda CX-8 SkyActiv-G 2WD (petrol)
- Engine is 2.5L DOHC, direct injection, 16-Valve 4 Cylinder with VVT
- 192hp at 6,000 rpm
- 257Nm at 3,250rpm
- 72 litre petrol tank
Mazda CX-8 SkyActiv-D AWD (diesel)
- Engine is 2.2L DOHC, direct injection, 16 valve 4 cylinder, turbodiesel
- 188hp at 4,500rpm
- 450Nm at 2,000rpm
- Euro 5 diesel
- All round disc brakes
- MacPherson struts
- Multi link
- EPAS electronic power assisted steering
- 19 inch wheels
- Length is 4,900mm
- Width is 1,840mm
- Height is 1,730mm
- Wheelbase is 2,930mm
- LED Front headlights
- Auto headlights on/off and levelling
- Daytime running lights
- LED front fog lights
- LED rear combination tail lights
- Rain sensing wipers
- Engine start stop button
- Electronic parking brake
- Three zone climate control
- 10-way powered driver's seat with 2-position memory function
- 7 seater or 6 seats with Captain seats
- MZD Connect Infotainment with Voice Command
- Bose audio system
- Mazda i-Stop idling technology
- Mazda G-Vectoring Control technology
- 6 airbags
- ABS (anti-lock braking system)
- DSC (Dynamic Stability Control)
- EBD (Electronic brakeforce distribution)
- EBA (Emergency Brake Assist)
- Traction Control
- Hill Launch Assist