Due to be launched in mid-May, the seven-seater MPV (multi-purpose vehicle) has estimated prices (without insurance) of below RM140,000 (Highway Star variant) and below RM155,000 (Premium Highway Star).
It is Japan’s best-selling mid-size MPV (January to March 2018).
On the Premium variant, the extra features are:
• Combination leather seats (two-tone Truffle Brown/Chestnut or single-tone Black)
• 10.1 -inch roof-mounted LCD panel
• Tech-on tray mat
• Driving video recorder (DVR)
• LED room lamp
• 16-inch alloy wheels
• Door visor
• V-KOOL 4Mil security film tinting
• ThreeBond Ultra Glass Body coating
Two-tone exterior colours (Premium Highway Star)
• Imperial Umber (Roof); Cashmere Gold (Body)
• Diamond Black (Roof); Tungsten Silver (Body)
• Diamond Black (Roof); Brilliant White (Body)
ALSO READ: 2018 Nissan Serena S-Hybrid opens for bookingsStandard features are:
• S-Hybrid 2.0L (MR20DD) engine with twin CVTC (Continuously Variable-valve Timing Control)
• Max power 150ps at 6,000rpm
• Max torque 200Nm at 4,400rpm
• XTRONIC CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC)
• Fuel consumption: 14.2 km per litre (NEDC R101)
• 6 SRS airbags
• Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)
• Traction Control System (TCS)
• Child Seat Retainer with Top Tether (ISOFIX x 2)
• Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
• Brake Assist (BA),
• Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
• Hill Start Assist (HSA)
It comes with a 5-year unlimited mileage warranty, and three-year or 60,000km maintenance service (whichever comes first).
The first 500 registered vehicles will also receive an exclusive gift worth RM500.
Those interested can test drive the 2018 Nissan Serena 2.0L S-Hybrid at Edaran Tan Chong Motor Sdn Bhd (ETCM)’s exclusive previews at selected showrooms over the next two weekends (14 to 15 April and 20 to 22 April), from 10am till 8pm.