The front-wheel drive car is priced at 2.435 million yen (RM94,165) for a 5-speed manual unit, or 2.38 million yen (RM92,038) for a CVT with 7-speed Super Active Shift and paddle shifters.
Built by Daihatsu Motor, the two-seater mini roadster with an electric power steering is the first sports car in the series "GR" developed by Toyota Gazoo Racing.
It combines the ideal driving experience of the GR with the Copen, a minivehicle, neither of which are in Toyota's product lineup.
Development was focused on body rigidity and suspension tuning.
The front face uses the "Functional Matrix" grille, which is the GR icon.
A large opening lower grille contributes to improved cooling performance while an under-spoiler-shaped front bumper contributes to improved driving performance.
The interior features special Recaro seats and a piano black-toned decorative center cluster.
- Special front bumper and special radiator grille (functional MATRIX Grille)
- Special rear bumper (diffuser shaped)
- Exclusive BBS forged-aluminum wheels (special matte gray color paint)
- Special LED headlights + black extensions-toned decoration
- Special LED rear combination taillights + black-toned decoration
- Special LED fog lights / fog lights bezel
- GR SPORT emblem (front / side / rear)
- Special RECARO seats (GR embroidery logo)
- Dedicated self-lighting triple meter display (GR logo / red needle / red lighting)
- Special leather-wrapped steering wheel manufactured by MOMO (GR emblem + spoke part gun metallic-toned)
- Special piano black-toned (center cluster / door grip)
- Special front brace added
- Special center brace where we changed the shape (special spats beneath the floor panels included)
- Front super LSD (manual car standards)