The A 200 Progressive Line has a 1.3-litre inline turbocharged 4-cylinder petrol engine with 163hp at 5,500rpm and 250Nm at 1,620 to 4,000rpm.
The A 250 AMG Line, on the other hand, has a more powerful 2.0-litre turbocharged 4-cylinder petrol engine rated at 224hp at 5,500rpm and 350Nm at 1,800 to 4,000rpm.
The major differences between the two A-Class variants are the engines, trim and upholstery (the A 250 AMG Line gets a more powerful 2.0-litre engine as well as an AMG Line exterior, AMG alloy wheels, aluminium trim, and nappa leather for the steering wheel).
Both cars use a 7G-DCT dual-clutch automatic transmission and have four DYNAMIC SELECT transmission modes “Eco”, “Comfort”, “Sport” and “Individual”.
“The new Mercedes-Benz A-Class marks a new episode on a revolutionary journey into the digital era of the automobile. This gadget-like car redefines functionalities with an intuitive approach and underlining the lifestyle element making it the ultimate must-have item,” said Mark Raine, vice president, sales and marketing, Mercedes-Benz Malaysia.
The new A-Class is the first Mercedes-Benz model to feature the new, state-of-the-art Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) infotainment system.
MBUX can be activated by the words, “Hey Mercedes”.
This intelligent language assistant supports numerous infotainment functions such as destination input, phone call, music selection, as well as climate control and lighting.
The system also recognises and understands almost every sentence occurring in the infotainment functions and vehicle operation.
MBUX can be individualised and adapts to suit each user individually.
The MBUX touch-control concept is a triad consisting of the touchscreen, touchpad on the centre console and touch control buttons in the steering wheel.
The new A-Class has a low bonnet, flat LED headlamps with chrome elements and torch-like daytime driving lamps, as well as a shark-nose like look.
Both, the Mercedes-Benz A 200 and A 250 also come with high-resolution Widescreen Cockpit with touchscreen control, setting new standards in the segment.
It has an all-digital instrument display which can be switched to different styles from “Classic”, “Understated” or “Sport” mode complementing the turbine-look air-vents and leather multifunction sports steering wheel.
For the first time, the A-Class also comes standard with the KEYLESS-GO function.
Safety and assistance systems include the Active Parking Assist which assist the driver when searching for a parking space and when entering or leaving a parallel or end-on parking spaces.
It manoeuvres the vehicle into the selected parking space and back out again.
Also, the new A-Class now comes with 64 colours for the ambient lighting.
Besides the increase in colour variety, the ambient lighting colours are composed into ten colour worlds, allowing an avant-garde lighting display with spectacular colour changes.
Mercedes-Benz Financial offers Plan A financing – the all-in-one financing plan that offers financing, insurance and service packages.
The Plan A financing starts from RM1,988 and comes with a variety of packages.
For a limited time, all Plan A financing contracts comes with a complimentary first-year Tyre and Rim insurance (campaign ends on December 31, 2018).
Mercedes-Benz A 200 Progressive LineTransmission & Technology
- 1.3-litre Turbocharged 4-cylinder Petrol Engine
- 163hp at 5,500rpm
- 250Nm at 1,620 to 4,000rpm
- Combined fuel consumption: 5.6 to 5.2 litres per 100km
- 0 to 100kph sprint: 8.0 seconds
- 7G-DCT dual-clutch automatic transmission
- Lowered Comfort Suspension
- Direct-Steer System
- DYNAMIC SELECT
- Progressive Line Exterior
- 18-inch 5 twin spoke alloy wheels
- LED headlamps
- Auto dimming for interior and exterior mirrors
- Electric folding wing mirrors
Comfort and Interior Features
- Progressive Line Interior
- Roof liner - fabric black
- Black open pore lime wood trim
- Leather sports steering wheel
- Illuminated door sill panels
- Light and sight package
- Ambient lighting
- THERMATIC automatic climate control
- Double cupholder
- Electrically adjustable front seats with memory function
- Sunvisors with illuminated vanity mirrors
- Four-way lumbar support
Safety & Assistance Package
- PRE-SAFE positioning for front seats
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Anti-theft alarm system
- Automatic front passenger airbag deactivation
- Active Brake Assist
- Active Parking Assist
- Reverse camera
- Automatic high-beam control
- Cruise control with SPEEDTRONIC speed limiter
- MBUX multimedia system
- 10.25-inch media display
- 10.25-inch combination display
- Touch pad
- Extended MBUX Functions
- Hard disc navigation
- Apple Car Play
- Android Auto
Mercedes-Benz A 250 AMG Line (differences compared with A 200)
- 2.0-litre Turbocharged 4-cylinder Petrol Engine
- 224hp at 5,500rpm
- 350Nm at 1,800 to 4,000rpm
- Combined fuel consumption: 6.5 to 6.2 litres per 100km
- 0 to 100kph sprint: 6.2 seconds
- AMG Line exterior
- 18-inch 5 spoke AMG alloy wheels
- AMG Line Interior
- Light longitudinal-grain aluminium trim
- Steering wheel in nappa leather
- AMG illuminated door sill panels
Photo Gallery - Mercedes-Benz A 200 Progressive Line
Photo Gallery - Mercedes-Benz A 250 AMG Line