KUALA LUMPUR: TC Subaru Sdn Bhd today introduced the Subaru Auto Protection Programme (SAPP), a move by the distributor to offer customers peace of mind and ensure higher resale value of their cars.
The programme is designed to provide Subaru customers whose warranty periods are near expiry with continued after-sales services, reduced maintenance costs and a happy ownership experience. TC Subaru said only genuine parts are used.
A Gold and Silver package are offered under the Subaru Auto Protection Programme. They are priced at RM1,600 and RM1,300 respectively. The packages are transferrable to the next owner. Terms and conditions apply.
Gold Package - RM1,600
> Customers can claim up to RM10,000 per transaction or up to a maximum of RM20,000 per Annum.
> Coverage: Similar to Silver Package, with the addition of
1. Engine components (includes cylinder head, cam & value mechanism, timing gear & chain, water pump, lubrication system, oil pump, pistons, crankshaft, cylinder bores, intake & exhaust manifold, flywheel, throttle valve & airflow meters)
2. Transmission components - Auto, CVT or Manual (includes torque converter, internal shaft, gears, synchromesh devices, shafts, bearings, planetary system, brake bands, oil pump, transfer gear, clutches, variable pulleys, & control valve body)
3. Axle and differential components (include crown gears, pinion & support bearings, planetary gears & half shaft)
4. To be eligible for the packages, the vehicle must be registered for less than six years; must have less than 100,000km in mileage.
Owners who wish to sign up for the SAPP packages must have their Subaru undergo and pass a 140-point inspection and maintain a full service history with any authorised Subaru service centre. Any defects found during the inspection must be repaired by an authorised Subaru service centre prior to acceptance into the programme.
Silver Package - RM1,300
> Customers can claim up to RM5,000 per transaction or up to a maximum of RM10,000 per Annum.
1. Air-con system (includes compressor, condenser, evaporator & blower motor)
2. Brake system (includes master pump, ABS actuator, module, & booster)
3. Cooling system (includes radiator, water pump & thermostat)
4. Electrical system (includes starter motor, alternator, wiper motor, fan motor, ignition coil, power window motor, horn, engine control module, auto transmission module & air bag module)
5. Fuel system (includes fuel pump & regulators)
Customers who buy either packages will also receive a one-year Subaru Breakdown Assist coverage; 10% off body and paint, parts and labour at all authorised Subaru repair centres; and the same discount on official merchandise; in-house grooming services at selected outlets; and standard retail parts not covered by the Subaru Auto Protection Programme.
In addition, they also get free technical and diagnostic consultation at all Subaru authorised centres.
Customers can also pay for the packages via interest-free instalment plans. The plans are offered in partnership with several banks, including Maybank, CIMB, Public Bank, RHB Bank and AmBank.
For more details, go to local Subaru site. https://www.subaru.asia/my/en/owners/sapp.php