SHAH ALAM: UMW Toyota Motor (UMWT) has launched the 2024 fourth-generation Toyota Vellfire and Alphard with a host of cutting-edge features in the competitive MPV (multi-purpose vehicle) segment.
Prices without insurance are RM438,000 and RM538,000 for the Toyota Vellfire 2.5 and Alphard 2.4T Executive Lounge respectively.
Four exterior colours are offered - Platinum White Pearl, Precious Metal, Precious Leo-Blond (Alphard only), and Black.
The Vellfire's is interior available only in black, while the Alphard is offered with beige or black interiors.
Both cars come with a full five-year warranty and no limit on mileage. UMWT is the exclusive distributor with official sales and service, providing a service and parts guarantee.
UMWT president Datuk Ravindran K. described the new 7-seater models as a premium luxury experience tailored for their customers.
"The Toyota Vellfire and Alphard stand as beacons of innovation and sophistication. They set new standards for luxury and performance in the MPV segment, reflecting our commitment to delivering exceptional vehicles that exceed expectations," he said.
The Vellfire continues with the same powertrain as before.
This is the proven 2.5-litre 2AR-FE 4-cylinder engine and features dual VVT-i (Variable Valve Timing with intelligence).
Power output has increased by 2ps to 182ps at 6,000rpm, while torque is at 235Nm at 4,100rpm. The power goes to the front wheels via a 7-speed continuously-variable transmission (CVT).
Meanwhile, the 3.5-litre 2GR-FE engine that was in the previous generation Alphard is replaced by a new turbocharged 2.4-litre 4-cylinder dual VVT-i engine.
Power output is 278ps at 6,000rpm and maximum torque has increased by 19.1% or 69Nm to 430Nm between 1,700 and 3,600rpm.
Power flows to the front wheels through a Direct Shift 8-speed automatic transmission.
The slim lighting systems for both models are new and now use full LED headlamps. There are sequential signal lamps, cornering lamps, and daytime running lights which are also illuminated with LEDs.
For both models, larger 19-inch lightweight alloy rims with a new design are fitted for 225/55-sized tyres.
With this new generation, the Alphard and Vellfire have transitioned to the new GA-K platform which employs TNGA (Toyota New Generation Architecture).
An important factor in ride and handling is the rigidity of the bodywork, which has improved by 50%.
Exclusive to the Vellfire, a Front Performance Brace connects the radiator support and side members, provides added body rigidity for outstanding responsiveness even when accelerating away from standstill.
An array of improvements has resulted in 30% reduction in vibrations over previous models.
Numerous measures have also been implemented to minimise road and wind noise, and the interior promises quietness to elevate ride comfort.
The Vellfire comes with synthetic leather upholstery, with executive seats with powered recline, Ottoman and also the same new seat heater with ventilation as the Alphard.
Meanwhile, the Alphard has premium Nappa genuine leather upholstery and VIP seats with powered recline, seat heater, ventilation, Ottoman, and as a first for Toyota, a massage function.
Only the Alphard has a new powered walk-in mechanism to allow entry to the rear seats.
Also, a 14-inch rear monitor display fitted in the Alphard.
The new Alphard comes with a Nanoe X ionizer for air purification, developed by Panasonic, as part of the ventilation system.
Both cars have two panoramic glass roof panels overhead, in place of the twin moonroof provided previously.
There are independently operable right and left-side shades, so that some occupants can choose to see the sky while others choose to block out the sunlight.
Toyota's first-ever motorised pull-down sunshades are fitted on the side windows.
For the motorised sliding doors, there's a rocker switch on the door handles for more convenience.
Rather than have to pull on the handle to activate door-opening, just a press of the left or right side of the rocker switch opens or closes the door.
Both cars come with advanced Toyota Safety Sense 3.0 technology, including enhanced Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Lane Departure Alert, Road Sign Assist, and Adaptive High-beam System.
2024 Toyota Vellfire 2.5 (RM438,000 without insurance)
Engine: 2.5-litre 16-valve DOHC, chain drive with dual VVT-i
Power: 182ps at 6,000rpm
Torque: 235Nm at 4,100rpm
Top speed: 170km/h
Fuel economy: 9.1 litres per 100km
Transmission: 7-speed Super CVT-i with Sports Sequential Shiftmatic
Suspension: MacPherson strut (front), double wishbone (rear)
Tyre: 225/55 R19
Kerb weight: 2,105kg
- Front Performance Brace
- Tri-LED Headlamps
- Fixed Panoramic Glass Roof
- Automatic wipers with Rain Sensor
- Powered adjustable tilt and telescopic steering with position memory
- 12.3-inch full colour TFT multi information display
- 14-inch touch screen, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 15 JBL speakers
- Wireless Charger
- 64-colour ceiling illumination
- Smart Entry and Start System
- Power adjustable roof and window sunshades
- Panoramic View Monitor (PVM)
- Digital Video Recorder (front and rear)
- Power Sliding Door
- Nanoe X air purifier (front air-conditioning)
- Synthetic Leather seats
- Front powered seats with heater and ventilation
- Second row executive powered seats, side table, heater and ventilation, Ottoman
- 7 USB Type-C ports
- Toyota Safety Sense; Pre-collision System (PCS), Lane Departure Alert (LDA), Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) with Lane Tracing Assist (LTA), Road Sign Assist (RSA), Adaptive High-beam System (AHS)
- Electric Parking Brake (EPB) with Brake Hold
- Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Parking Support Brake (PKSB)
- Parking Sensors (front and rear)
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- 6 airbags
- Toyota Premium Security and Solar Film
- Vehicle Telematics System (VTS)
2024 Toyota Alphard 2.4T Executive Lounge (RM538,000 without insurance)
(Differences and extra kit)
Engine: 2.4-litre 16-valve DOHC, turbocharger and intercooler with dual VVT-i
Power: 278ps at 6,000rpm
Torque: 430Nm at 1,700 to 3,600rpm
Top speed: 180km/h
Fuel economy: 9.0 litres per 100km
Transmission: Direct Shift 8-speed automatic with Sequential Shiftmatic
Kerb weight: 2,235kg
- Front Performance Brace (without)
- Automatic Stop and Start System
- Electrostatic Switches on steering
- Paddle Shifters
- Head Up Display (HUD)
- Powered Quiet Sliding Door
- Nanoe X air purifier (front and rear air-conditioning)
- Premium Nappa Leather seats
- Second row executive Lounge VIP seats, rear remote control, relax powered recline
- Second row seats; powered walk-in system, seat massage, rotary table and vanity mirror
- 14-inch rear seat display screen
PHOTO GALLERY: 2024 Toyota Vellfire 2.5
PHOTO GALLERY: 2024 Toyota Alphard 2.4T Executive Lounge