The 2020 Mazda CX-9 is imported (CBU) from Japan, and receives a few updates that focuses on elevating the premium Mazda ownership experience.
For the exterior, the CX-9 receives updated Mazda badging and fonts design as well as a new gray metallic finish to its 20-inch aluminum alloy wheels.
For the interior, there are black leather seats with a new silver stitching finish.
Standard features include an updated 9-inch Mazda Connect infotainment screen, Autohold function as well as i-Stop function, seatbelt reminders for 2nd and 3rd row passengers and additional two USB charging ports at the third-row.
The powertrain is the turbocharged Skyactiv-G 2.5T engine that produces 228hp at 5,000 rpm and 420Nm of torque at 2,000rpm and is paired with a quick- shifting, six-speed Skyactiv-Drive automatic transmission and available in both 2-wheel drive and all-wheel drive format.
When paired with i-Activ all-wheel drive, the 2020 CX-9 is the first Mazda vehicle offered with the all-new Off-road Traction Assist feature.
Replacing the traction control button, this feature can potentially help the driver on uneven terrain.
When the diagonal wheels lose traction, off-road traction assist will stop reducing the engine torque and increases the brake force on the wheels without traction.
This transfers power to the wheels still on the ground to help allow the vehicle to regain traction.
The CX-9 has G-Vectoring Control Plus as standard which improves steering response to enable the driver and all of its occupants to have a smooth and premium driving experience.
It has Mazda’s flagship i-ACTIVSENSE advanced safety technologies features which includes Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA), and Smart City Brake Support, Lane Departure Warning with Lane-Keep Assist.
In addition, Smart City Brake Support is now updated with pedestrian detection support.
Standard features are:
- SKYACTIV-G 2.5-litre Turbo In-Line 4 Cylinder 16 Valve DOHC engine
- all-round disc brakes
- MacPherson Struts front, and Multi-Link rear suspension
- Electronic Power Assisted Steering (EPAS)
- 255/50/R20 tyres
- LED headlights with auto levelling and auto On/Off Function
- LED tail lights
- Rain sensing wipers
- Mazda Advance Keyless Entry
- Power Sunroof with Sliding & Tilt Glass
- Power Tailgate
- Parking Sensors (front and rear)
- Engine Start / Stop Button
- Electronic Parking Brake
- Active Driving Display (Head-Up Display)
- Tilt and Telescopic steering
- Air-Conditioning (Three Zone Climate Control w/ Independent Rear Control)
- Rear Air Conditioning Vents
- Ventilated front powered seats
- MZD Connect Infotainment System With Voice Command
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto Function
- 9-inch Colour Touch Screen Display
- Bluetooth Hands-Free
- 12 Bose audio speakers
- GPS Navigation System
- 6 USB ports
- 360-degree View Monitor
- Mazda i-Stop Idling Technology
- Mazda G-Vectoring Control Technology Plus (GVC Plus)
- 6 Airbags
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS)
- Hill Launch Assist (HLA)
- Auto Hold Function
- Speed Sensing Auto Lock
- Walk Away Lock
- ISOFIX Child Restraint Anchor Points and Top Tethers
- Engine-Immobilizer Anti-Theft System
- Seat Belts With Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR)
- Adaptive LED Headlights (ALH)
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)
- Lane Keep Assist System (LAS)
- Driver Attention Alert (DAA)
- Smart City Brake Support (SCBS)