The Ioniq 6 is priced on-the-road before insurance at RM289,888 (Max RWD) and RM319,888 (Max AWD), inclusive of an eight-year or 160,000km (whichever is first) battery warranty.
For an extra RM10,000, the standard vehicle warranty is upgradable to five years or 100,000km (whichever is first), and attached to this is three years or 50,000km (whichever is first) of free service.
The first 30 owners will receive a free one-year Shell Recharge Gold membership upon vehicle delivery, allowing them to enjoy attractive charging rates.
Both Ioniq 6 variants have a 77.4kWh lithium-ion polymer battery.
With an electric motor on each axle, the Max AWD produces 239kW of power and 605Nm of torque, and sprints to 100kph from rest in just 5.1 seconds.
“The Ioniq 6 is the current pinnacle of Hyundai’s electric vehicle (EV) line-up in terms of technology, range, efficiency, and performance, thanks to its state-of-the-art Electric Global Modular Platform (E-GMP).
“It is one of the few EVs on the planet with an 800-volt architecture, letting it accept up to 350 kW DC charging, which would make possible a 10% to 80% charge time of just 18 minutes. In fact, the Ioniq 6 is one of the world’s fastest-charging EVs. This is Hyundai’s third EV model in Malaysia and its most advanced one yet,” said Jeffrey Gan, who is Sime Darby Motors managing director of retail and distribution for Malaysia.
The Ioniq 6 is Hyundai’s second Ioniq model, and has won three global awards – 2023 World Car of the Year, 2023 World Electric Vehicle of the Year and 2023 World Car Design of the Year.
“Its fastback profile and curvaceous shape are the result of extensive wind tunnel testing, such that it achieves a very low 0.21 drag coefficient. Not only is it the most aerodynamic Hyundai ever – it’s one of the world’s most aerodynamic vehicles on sale today,” said Hyundai-Sime Darby Motors (HSDM) managing director Low Yuan Lung.
Retrofuturism comes courtesy of its Parametric Pixel lighting – an Ioniq trademark – present in numerous places including the head and tail lamps, rear spoiler-mounted third brake lamp and even the steering wheel.
The ‘mindful cocoon’ interior features two seamlessly connected 12.3-inch screens, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity, wireless phone charging, eco-friendly materials and multi-colour ambient lighting.
In terms of safety, the five-star Euro NCAP-rated Ioniq 6 features seven airbags (including a front-centre airbag) and a Hyundai SmartSense suite of active safety systems as standard.
The suite includes Remote Smart Parking Assist, which lets the driver remotely manoeuvre the car forwards and backwards – handy for getting into and out of tight parking spaces as well as making small parking adjustments.
An innovative feature of the Ioniq 6 is Vehicle-to-Load (V2L), which turns the car into a mobile powerbank.
Via two electrical outlets (one inside and one outside), the Ioniq 6 can charge and power a variety of devices and appliances, from laptops and televisions to camping equipment and electric bikes.
It could even be used to rescue a stranded EV.
Bookings for the Ioniq 6 can be made at any authorised Hyundai sales outlet nationwide as well as on the online booking platform Cl!cktoBuy (www.hyundai.com.my/clicktobuy/).
Five body colours – Abyss Black Pearl, Nocturne Grey Matte, Biophilic Blue Pearl, Dive Blue Solid and Gravity Gold Matte – are available.
READ MORE: Two lower-priced Hyundai Ioniq 6 variants launched in September
Hyundai Ioniq 6 Max RWD (RM289,888 and 614km WLTP range)
- Charging Time (0%-100%): 7.1 hours (AC: 11 kW)
- Rapid Charging Time (10% - 80%): 18 minutes (DC: 350kW) / 73 minutes (DC: 50 kW)
- Battery: 77.4kWh, Lithium-ion Polymer
- Maximum power: 168kW
- Maximum torque: 350Nm
- Tilt and Telescopic steering
- Multi Link rear
- 18-inch wheels
- Dual LED Projection Headlamps
- Leather seats
- Powered front seats with lumbar support
- Bose 8-speaker sound system
- Bluetooth, Android Auto/Apple CarPlay
- 7 airbags
- Hill-Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Multi-Collision Brake (MCB)
- Electric Parking Brake (EPB)
- BCA (Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist); Rear
- LKA (Lane Keeping Assist); Line/Road-Edge
- FCA (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist); Car/Ped/Cyc
- HDA 2 (Highway Driving Assist 2)
- SCC w/ S&G (Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go)
- MSLA (Manual Speed Limit Assist)
- FCA 2 (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist 2)
- RSPA 2 (Remote Smart Parking Assist)
- PCA (Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist) ; Reverse/Forward/Side
- SVM (Surround View Monitor)
- Paddle Shifter (Regenerative Braking Control) / i-Pedal
- Smart Power Tailgate
- Head Up Display (HUD)
- Wireless Phone Charging System
- 1 x USB Type-A, 4 x USB-C
- Rear-View Camera
- Automatic Light Control and wipers
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
- Vehicle to Load (V2L @ 3.6kW)
Hyundai Ioniq 6 Max AWD (RM319,888 and 519km WLTP range)
(Adds the following)
- Maximum power: 239kW
- Maximum torque: 605Nm
- 20-inch wheels
Hyundai Ioniq 6 Max RWD
Hyundai Ioniq 6 Max AWD