It comes in four exterior colours including a new Luminous Sand as well as Ice White, Onxy Black and Osmium Grey.
As before, the after-sales package includes a five-year, unlimited-mileage warranty and five-year Volvo On Call roadside assist.
Inscription denotes the highest trim level (Kinetic, Momentum, and Inscription) within the Volvo product range.
This new update brings the popular V40 hatchback visually closer to Volvo’s new 90 Series cars.
Highlights include the new Inscription grille mesh cradling the new Volvo Iron Mark and the ‘Thor’s Hammer’ headlights, and a new Inscription “rank mark” which was first introduced in the XC90.
In the cabin, Milled Aluminium replaces the Shimmer Graphite inlay and a new Inscription tread plate was added.
The new Volvo Iron Mark update is carried on the steering wheel, Sensus display, and the key fob.
The V40 T5 Inscription maintains its 2.0-litre turbocharged Drive-E powertrain which outputs 245hp and 350Nm of torque, managed by an 8-speed gearbox.
This translates to a 0-100kph sprint in 6.3 seconds.
It also retains its segment-leading active safety system, City Safety – Volvo’s umbrella term for Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) or Collision Avoidance and Mitigation technologies.
“In Malaysia, the V40 is our best-selling model after the XC90. We hope that the new updates in the V40 T5 Inscription will make this very successful model even more attractive,” said Volvo Car Malaysia managing director Lennart Stegland.
The V40 comes with Volvo’s award-winning CleanZone technology which ensures that outside air is effectively filtered before entering the cabin, removing harmful pollutants.
Meanwhile, Volvo Car Malaysia indicated it will also release the V40 T4, which will be priced quite attractively, at a later date.
Volvo V40 T5 Inscription
- 2.0-litre turbocharged Drive-E engine
- 245hp at 5,500rpm
- 350Nm of torque at 1,500 to 4,800rpm
- 8-speed automatic transmission
- 0 to 100kph in 6.3 seconds
- Combined fuel consumption 6.1 litres/100km
- Kerb weight 1,525kg
- Tyres 225/45 R17
- T115/90 R16 Tempa spare wheel
- Engine start-stop
- Electric power assist steering (EPAS)
- Keyless entry and drive
- Rain sensor with tunnel detection
- Park Assist (front and rear)
- Park Assist Pilot
- 2-zone electronic climate control
- Cleanzone interior air quality system
- Sensus with 7-inch colour touchscreen
- 8 audio speakers (4 channels, total 180W)
- DVD player with MP3 encoder
- Bluetooth, USB, iPod-capable
- Leather seats; 8-way powered front seats
- LED headlights with automatic levelling
- City Safety: Collision Avoidance and Mitigation
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS)
- Cross Traffic Alert (CTA)
- Fading Brake Support (FBS)
- Regenarative braking
- Electronic stability control (ESC)
- Six airbags
- Whiplash Protection System (WHIPS)
- ISOFIX child seat points