It is sold with a five-year unlimited mileage warranty, and aftersales support is available at seven locations across Malaysia.
All variants are front wheel drive, and powered by a 2.0-litre petrol VVT-iE intelligent variable valve-timing engine producing 169hp at 6,600rpm and 205Nm at 4,800rpm mated to a 10-speed direct-shift CVT (continuously variable transmission).
The UX 200 is billed as combining the best of attributes and versatility of an SUV (sport utillty vehicle) with the sleek and elegant styling of a hatchback.
Developed on the latest Global Architecture-C Platform that creates a more stable and dynamic chassis, highlights include its fluid lines and distinctive spindle grille, and the Lexus Safety System + (LSS+).
“It is truly a product of creative engineering by Lexus led by its first female chief engineer. It is beautifully styled in the spirit of Engawa (Japanese traditional architecture seamlessly to connect inside with the outside). It also includes high-end Japanese design elements as Sashiko upholstery (Japanese stitching technique). The UX is the first Lexus model to offer a new trim grain finish that’s inspired by the grain of Japanese paper know as Washi, familiar in traditional Japanese home,” said Lexus Malaysia deputy chairman Akio Takeyama.
The base UX 200 Urban variant has 17-inch wheels, 3-beam LED projector headlamps, power retractable side mirrors, rear air-conditioning vents, a six-speaker Lexus Premium Audio system, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, 7-inch display screen, and powered eight-way front seats.
Standard safety systems include Front Pre-Collision System (PCS), Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC), Lane Keeping System, Adaptive High-beam System (AHS), Active Cornering Assist (ACA), Vehicle Stability Control System (VSC), Hill-Start Assist, reverse parking assist monitor, eight airbags and whiplash injury lessening seats.
Paying the extra RM40,000 for the Luxury variant gives you 18-inch wheels and run flat tyres, rain sensing wipers, auto folding side mirrors, roof rails, powered back door with hands-free kick-open function, powered steering column, eight audio speakers including sub woofer, a 10.3-inch display screen, three-memory function for driver's seat, Blind Spot Monitor (BSM), Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) and a Panoramic View Monitor.
Extra kit on the range-topping F Sport variant includes Adaptive Variable Suspension, Rear Performance Damper, paddle shifters and Heads-up Display (HUD).
Lexus UX 200 (Urban trim): RM243,888
- 215/60 R17 tyres
- 3-Beam LED Projector Headlamps
- Power Retractable side mirrors
- Leather Texture & Black Paint interior
- Push Start Ignition
- dual zone air conditioning
- rear air con vents
- Electric Parking Brake with Auto Brake Hold
- Lexus Premium Audio, 6-speaker,
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 7-inch display screen
- Power 8-way front seats
- Front Pre-Collision System (PCS)
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
- Lane Keeping System
- Adaptive High-beam System (AHS)
- Active Cornering Assist (ACA)
- Vehicle Stability Control System (VSC)
- Hill-Start Assist
- Reverse Parking Assist Monitor
- 8 airbags
- Whiplash Injury Lessening Seats
Lexus UX 200 (Luxury trim): RM283,888
- 225/50 RF18 Run Flat tyres
- Rain sensing wipers
- Auto folding side mirrors
- Roof Rails
- Power Back Door With Hands-free Kick-open Function
- Japanese Paper Grain & Metallic Ornament interior
- powered Steering Column
- Lexus Premium Audio, 8-speaker including Sub Woofer,
- 10.3-inch display screen
- 3 Memory function for driver's seat
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Panoramic View Monitor
Lexus UX 200 (F SPORT trim): RM299,888
- Adaptive Variable Suspension
- Rear Performance Damper
- Leather Texture & Metallic Ornament interior
- Paddle shifters
- Heads-up Display (HUD)